Thursday, May 19, 2011

The place to be

Where do you do your best writing?

I ask myself this all the time, and the answer seems to change with my mood. If I had to choose a place I think my family and friends would know before I said a word, Barnes and Noble. Specifically, the Starbucks inside Barnes and Noble with a Green Tea or Chai Tea Latte on my table.
Personally, I love to people watch. I think it helps develop my characters when I see how people interact with others. It could also be my personal form of procrastination, making myself think that I can only write when surrounded by books, coffee, and people.

When I try to sit down at my house and write I get so distracted by life, that I end up leaving before a word has been written. I could easily say that my family is a distraction, which don't get me wrong, that would be an excellent excuse. But, after the family is all in bed and Im up alone, staring between my TV and my notebook which do you think I choose? Writing would be much easier to do If I just had my TV, internet, phone, and other books taken away from me! I think 'If I just forget to pay the cable bill this month maybe I can get some writing done.' Or 'Oh! the TV broke, what a shame, now I can write!'

Please tell me I am not the only one doing this to themselves. Where is your favorite place to write? Is it a procrastination tool for you as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment